Thursday, May 21, 2009

*SIGH*

I'm back at home now. I slept in Fiona's bed last night, because she was sleeping somewhere else and it looked more appealing than my cot. To be honest, most anywhere does. I don't know what I'm going to eat for breakfast. I wish I'd brought my frozen waffles home. I'm sleepy. I got woken up this morning by Bitty crying, and then Fiona coming in to open the curtains and sing bad opera about it being morning. So I pulled a pillow over my head and attempted to get back to sleep, although it wasn't easy with Fiona continuing her show in the living room.
I had a dream last night. In it, I met Cory's dad. This isn't the first dream I've had about him. I wonder why I keep having dreams about this man who passed away when Cory was seven. In my dreams, he's alive and well. Maybe it's my subconscious worries about Cory as a father. I want to see a picture of him. Maybe God is trying to tell me my baby is a boy, as we plan to name the baby Elton if it is, after his father. I don't know. Maybe I really just wish Elton were around, someone Cory trusted to guide him in this. I love him, but I'm terrified about how he's going to be once the baby comes. In the past, he has shown a tendency to shove anything and everything aside for what he wants and I wonder if this is what he will be like with our baby. I just pray and pray he realizes how he's acting before it's too late. I don't want another father like mine for my baby. That's what I'm most scared of. That Cory will be just like my dad- always with good intentions, but never being there quite when he was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment