Friday, May 22, 2009

200% Baby

"It's a feeling I get, my palms are sweat, like some kind of daydream I'll never forget. I'm stuck in this spin, where does it begin? By touching the edge of her skin"
I always wish, whenever I type down lyrics to a song, that I could somehow type down the way the music sounds and feels too. Because the words are never enough- they aren't all there is to a song. Sometimes, they really mean nothing, but it's the way the song feels that gives the words meaning. I wish I could convey that.
Last night, as I was driving home from work, I got the same feeling I always do- this overwhelming pull towards Daddy's house, like I needed to tell him. Last night, I listened to it. I showed him my little Teddy Graham picture. He was okay. Although considering he got my stepmom pregnant while he was still married to my mom, I would say he had no room to say anything at all. I found out that in heaven somewhere, I have an older brother or sister. He got a girl pregnant in high school, and the girl had an abortion without even mentioning to him what she was gonna do. I can't imagine it. I can't imagine any harm coming to my little Teddy Graham. The other day, laying in bed, I imagined me and Cory being at the bridge up on the parkway after the baby was born, and him dangling it over the railing just to freak me out, and accidentally dropping it into the water some fifty feet below. I decided I would immediately jump over to save my baby. And then murder Cory once that was done. The thought just terrified me. It's soemthing my father would have done to my mom. I've decided if we ever go on a bridge, Cory is going nowhere near my baby.
It bothers him that I call it my baby sometimes. I mean, I know it's ours. I'm fully aware of that. But he's perfectly entitled to call it his baby. It's true. That's what's so cool. This baby is 100% mine, and 100% his.

2 comments:

  1. And 50% mine! :D jk. I love you, Brianne. And don't forget that I promise to be there for you no matter what. Ok? Don't forget, cause I will. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad. That was me. You didn't log off when you got off the computer so when I commented I commented as you. :D

    ReplyDelete